their digital programs are:
Before we look at how fundraising was affected, let’s remember what those funds were being raised for. Hunger, poverty, health care access, mental health, education disparities, and many other important causes were quickly and deeply impacted by the pandemic.
The overall impact of COVID-19 on fundraising was mixed, but
saw decreases in revenue.
said they relied on events to raise money and they were cancelled or moved online due to the pandemic.
- They are one of the best ways to strengthen a community.
- Events create special moments for mission-affected people and their families.
- In-person is one of the most effective ways to appeal for donations.
of nonprofits who saw revenue increase said they converted event supporters to donors.
only 25% of nonprofits who saw their revenue decrease said the same.
- Used personalized content to make digital appeals that felt to donors like direct appeals.
- Leaned on their most committed supporters to evangelize events that went virtual.
- Turned one habit of annually attending an event into the new habit of giving monthly.